Did you know:
- 90% of church members claim to have never heard any sermons or lessons relating their faith to their work (Robert Wuthnow, sociologist).
- 84% of Christians ages 18-29 profess to having no idea how the Bible applies to their professional interests (Barna).
Weekly I hear comments reflecting a compartmentalized, dualistic view: sacred and secular:
- “My role is to work hard, earn lots of money and give to those in full-time, paid ministry.”
- “Sunday is separate from Monday through Friday. I don’t see what impact one even should have on the other.”
- “Faith is at private matter that belongs at home and in your personal life.”
At the same time, I continue to hear leaders concerned that 72% of employees are disengaged at work (Gallup).
Is there a connection?
I believe there is. That’s why I’m honored to invite you to the Connect Faith + Work Conference on Saturday, April 20th.
I’m not certain if you’re familiar with Os Hillman of Marketplace Leaders and Larry Julian (God is My CEO). I have tremendous respect for both of their work in practical, every-day faith-work integration. Both Os and Larry will be keynoting, as well as conducting breakout sessions. I’m honored to be a member of the Leadership panel, representing the entrepreneur and small business owner (Gosh–someone’s got to do it!)
Business Leaders, it’s going to be a powerful conference. I’m hoping that you can attend, plus extend the invitation to others. Here’s the info:
What: Connect Faith & Work Conference
When: April 20
When: Westwood Community Church
Details and registration: http://faithandwork.westwoodcc.org.
The conference includes breakfast, refreshments, and lunch, plus a free copy of The Executive Calling.
NOTE: As an EBITDA partner, I invite you to read our partners’ regular blog posts.
Have you visited the Sales Growth Specialists website recently? Please go here for lots of vital information for Business Leaders.
© Copyright 2013, Danita Bye, Sales Growth Specialists, All Rights Reserved